Thank you for visiting greenhawaii.com our online venue for and by the community concerned with sustainability and promoting the positive efforts of individuals, businesses and organizations contributing to a healthy environment, society and economy. Sign up to participate through the blogs, forum discussions, events calendar and any other area you wish.
Hawaii's remote locale, dependence on shipping and fossil fuels, finite(land, locally produced and available food/agriculture), and available resources (solar, tidal, wind, and geothermal power) make sustainability extremely important to it's residents, culture, and environment.
We have a unique opportunity to explore these spaces and technologies and to also apply best practices from around the world, here, locally.. Please share and let us know how we can help. Mahalo
Here's what you can do today
1) The best promotion is word of mouth. Talk to your friends and family about what's important to you. Learn together, get organized, and we will accomplish a greater awareness and continue to achieve results.
2) The invite tab will let you import your email contacts and selectively invite your contacts at your discretion.
3) The network badges page of embeddable links has all the tools to publish links to greenhawaii.com on your other social network pages.
4) Write a blog about about a green initiatives you've come across, link to relevant news, upload videos and pictures, and participate in forum discussions.
5) All donations will be used to fund the hosting costs of greenhawaii.com.